The Department of Philology, Stanisław Staszic University of Applied Sciences in Piła in cooperation with:
- The Faculty of Philology, University of Montenegro, Podgorica,
- The School of Foreign Languages, University American College Skopje, Macedonia,
- The Faculty of Education and Humanities, International Burch University, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Student Academic Clubs
The Third International Philological Conference in Piła, Poland,
with the leading theme
‘COMMUNICATION IN INSTITUTIONAL SPACE: OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES’
which will be held on 23-24 October 2018
on the premises of Stanisław Staszic University of Applied Sciences in Piła, Poland
The main objective of the conference is to provide a forum for both academics and practitioners to exchange ideas and discuss research findings with reference to communicative phenomena held in institutional space. You are invited to prepare paper presentations of 20 minutes (which will be followed by a discussion) or workshops of 45-minute duration.
Conference languages: English, Polish
The list of topics includes but is not limited to:
- verbal and non-verbal comunication in different types of institutions, with particular reference to such institutions as schools, universities and companies,
- cultural aspects of institutional communication,
- English language in institutional communication,
- translation and translators in institutional space,
- foreign language teaching in schools and higher education institutions (inclusive of teaching LSP),
- information technology and foreign language teaching,
- metaphors as communicative tools in institutional space,
- communication and institutional space in literature and film,
- language contact and policy in institutional space.
|BOOK OF ABSTRACTS||
OF PERSONAL DATA
Conference fee:420 PLN (Polish participants) / 110 EUR (participants from abroad)
The conference fee includes the cost of refreshments at coffee breaks, 2 lunches, an official dinner, conference materials and the publication of selected papers in a peer reviewed monograph.
The fee does not include the cost of accommodation or travel.
On-line participation: 50 EUR (participants from abroad)
- 31.08.2018 - deadline for registration and abstracts
(please fill in the attached form and submit it to the following e-mail address: email@example.com);
- 07.09.2018 - deadline for the conference fee payment; in the case of resignation after Sep. 15, 2017, the seminar fee cannot be returned for organisational reasons;
- 05.10.2018 - announcement of the conference programme.
Conference participants are kindly requested to book accommodation individually.
HOTELS IN PIŁA:
- Gromada, Al. Piastów 15, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 351 18 00
- Gwda, ul. Dąbrowskiego 8, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 212 49 10 w. 11 lub 14
- Rębajło, ul. Wojciecha Kossaka 195, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 212 36 65
- Tarcza, Aleja Powstańców Wielkopolskich 182, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 213 81 89
- Gringo, Ogrodowa 25, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 607 390 341
- Kwant, Al. Powstańców Wielkopolskich 185, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 3514625, 67 3514635
- Dormitory PWSZ im. S. Staszica w Pile, ul. Żeromskiego 14, 64-920 Piła, tel. (+48) 67 352 26 45